Thursday, January 7, 2010

What can I do to prevent soy milk or oat cream (my favorites) from flocculating in hot liquids (coffee, tea)?

I use soy milk and oat cream because of their taste and their ability to foam (and because they are widely available around here).





Only sometimes I will get lots of little flocs in my coffee/tea, instead of creamier taste. This happened to both soy milk and oat cream (and I was sure that oat cream does not flocculate, sigh...), has something to do with hot water, but what? And how to prevent this ALWAYS?





( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flocculate )





I mean little clumps, it looks like the cup would be full of tiny little snow flakes, actually a bit gross, but the taste is the same as before. But it looks a bit gross to be served to somebody.





Add. Info: I am lactose intolerant due to my disease (Lupus).What can I do to prevent soy milk or oat cream (my favorites) from flocculating in hot liquids (coffee, tea)?
let the coffee cool just a little

No comments:

Post a Comment